- Tegan: "That's my jacket."
- Sara: "That's my face. So basically your face is a variation of my face."
- Tegan: "I came out first, leading me to believe that that's probably my face that you copied. My egg was fertilized, I felt bad for your soul, so I broke in half and let you come along on this journey with me."
In response to a fan's question about the circle tattoo on Sara's wrist:
- Sara: Significance of tattoos is....private
- Tegan: *laughs* Tell them, tell them! Just so everyone knows, Sara's never told anyone this but it's actually exactly the shape of my face, which she didn't want anyone to know so she didn't put any hair or ears...I have one as well, it's on my lower back
- Sara: You have a tramp stamp
Sara: recently i was feeling sad and so i googled the “ptosis” video. in particular i wanted to watch the blooper reel of that video. i was laughing so hard that i started crying. sometimes i think that is the funniest video i have ever seen, and i know that it’s because i was there. i know other people think its funny, but not hilarious and that’s understandable. but until i die, that will remain my favorite video of you. if i was really sad or sick i would play that video for myself.
Tegan: Agreed. I’ve shown it to quite a few people. It’s genius. I’m a genius. Obviously. It’s not funny because you were there, it’s funny because it’s actually really funny. So many people I know have not watched it. When I’m sick or sad I like to send the link to people. It’s important for me to feel like OTHER people think it’s funny for me to enjoy it.
- Tegan: This was when I was, um, 13. The boy that I was dating at the time, I know, I know. You thought that I'd never gone there but I did. So anyway, back to the guy that I was dating. his name was Jonathon, very nice young fella, very tall. Valentine's day came along and he gave me, um, a rose. That's nice right? And then he gave me 7 dollars. What the fuck, right?! In Canada we have this thing it's called the loonie. Its a dollar. Like, its worth a dollar, its called the loonie, its gold, its about this big, okay? He gave me 7 loonies. Okay? Now maybe you're thinking to yourself "Give Jonathon the benefit of the doubt. Jonathon gave you 7 loonies because 7 is your number." or "Maybe you met because you worked at a coffee shop and he bought something for 3 dollars but he gave you a 10 dollar bill and you gave him 7 loonies back so he asked you out on a date." No. There was no significance in the 7 dollars. He just didn't know what else to buy me. And the rose was 3 dollars and so he gave me the change. Yeah. And people wonder why I date women. Okay? I dated another guy that same year- I was a slut. I dated another guy that year and he gave me a teddy bear for christmas. Yeah, nice right? Secondhand. Yeah from a vintage store.
- Sara: Some people don't have money.
- Tegan: Some people don't have money, then you know what? Then make a card.
- Sara: Okay, can you please just- Can you just tell them how old you were when this was happening?
- Tegan: Yeah, I did. I told them when I was 13.
- Sara: I mean now you just get it up the bum. Like that's what you get when you're 13 now.
- Tegan: Whoa.
- Sara: people are having sex now, you wouldn't even get toys. You'd just have to put out 'cause it was Valentine's day. Too far? Too far? Was that too far?
- Tegan: So far. Stay out of my story with your dirty weird bum sex references. Get out.
Tegan: This is a pretty nice unicorn actually. We get a lot of stuffed animals. What do you think that says about us.
Sara: Well I’ll tell you what. Someone threw me a cat which is sort of-. If I were to do a psychological testing or like an assessment I would say that someone threw me a cat because they want to domesticate me and pet me and somebody threw you a pink unicorn which is really gay and you are really gay.
Sara: I don’t mean that throwing a unicorn is gay, I mean a unicorn is just gay. Someone, um, someone recently told me a funny joke, and I then I told my mom the funny joke but it wasn’t as funny because my mom didn’t get the joke and thought it was real. So, here let me tell you the joke. I said to my mom “Mom did you know that dolphins are just gay sharks”
Sara: And my mom was like “You’re kidding me!”
Tegan: Sara & I don’t touch often. We have many theories for this. Once someone smart theorized that perhaps we’re too biologically similar to come that close without becoming one. I’m not sure I believe it but I adhere to it just in case.